Happy 2007, everybody!
See you next year!
1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
I went out all by myself. Not just movies, but, like, a bar.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
In some level, I guess I kept them. Thing is, though, they're not simple things, they feel more like a process, and I feel like I'm on the right path. So I guess i'll just go ahead and keep the same resolutions for next year.
3. Did anyone close to you get married?
I wouldn't say we're that close, but my cousin got married a few weeks ago.
4. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not that I remember.
5. Did anyone close to you die?
No, I don't think so.
6. What countries did you visit?
7. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Confidence in myself.
8. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
1. January/16-20: My Journalism graduation. Seriously one of the best nights of my life.
2. September/08: The night I won my Expocom.
3. August/25: My book.
4. July/21-24: The Garanhuns trip --- so looking foward to going again this year.
5. April/24: Thiago's birthday and our walk in the rain.
9. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finishing my Psychology course.
10. What was your biggest failure?
I believe I failed to comunicate better with others.
11. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major. Only silly colds.
12. What was the best thing you bought?
13. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hard to say.
14. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I wouldn't say depressed, but Crazy!girl's behaviour did not deserve kudos.
15. Where did most of your money go?
My money? To the bank. My dad's money? Gas and DVDs.
16. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My cellphone, my graduation, my Expocom, Garanhuns, São Paulo, the resolution of my shoes metaphor.
17. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Não se avexe, sung by Elba Ramalho at both her concerts I went to this year.
18. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
I'm not sure. I'm gonna say thinner.
iii. richer or poorer?
richer. LOL. I mean, I actually made money this year!
19. What do you wish you'd done more of?
20. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Fought less with myself.
21. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spent it with my family, like every year.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
23. How many one-night stands?
I'm not an one-night-stands kind of girl.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Let's just say I'm not such a big fan of Crazy!girl.
26. What was the best book you read?
I'm gonna say The Orange Girl, by Jostein Gaarder.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Vanessa da Mata.
28. What did you want and get?
29. What is your best memory of 2006?
I'm gonna say my Expocom.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Crash. Yeah, it's technically from last year, but I only got to watch it this year.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had my family over for lunch and went out for dinner with my friends.
32. What is the one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I had spent more time with friends who I didn't get to see nearly as much as I wanted this year.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Hmmm... pretty but confortable?
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't know. Jason Dhoring?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't care enough.
37. Who did you miss?
Some old friends.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Vanessa. Technicaly, we've been in the same class for five years, but we only got to know each other this year.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
Don't be so hard on yourself.
40. Would you say that 2006 was overall a good year?
Up to ten minutes ago I wouldn't, but after this I'm kinda thinking it wasn't so bad after all.
41. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
Não me deixe só, que eu tenho medo do escuro, eu tenho medo do inseguro, dos fantasmas da minha voz
Don't leave me alone, because I'm afraid of the dark, I'm afraid of the insecure, of my voice's ghosts.